Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My ABBA DABBA ROCKS!!!!!


I just got a phone call from my sister saying that her daughter won a recipe challenge that they do in her school district. I don't know all of the details...all I know is that I am SO PROUD of my niece, Abbie! However, I do know that any student who wanted to try and have his/her original recipe picked (so they had to come up with their own recipe, too) enters it in and then only one student from each school gets picked to go to the finals. Abbie was that one person from her school. Well, Today was the big challenge. Kind of like my favorite show, Food Network Challenge (which Abbie introduced me to BTW). There were over 100 kids and their recipes but just one winner
....and YES, the winner is......(drumroll) ABBIE CARLSON!!! YIPPEE! I am just so proud of her right now.
You will have to go to my sister, Jen's blog to get all the details. She promised to blog about it tonight!
I want to know how we can get our school district to do something like this. I think it is INGENIOUS!!!
Oh yeah, and guess what, my husband is on the way to the store right now to pick up all the ingredients for ABBIE'S HEALTHY CHICKEN BITS. We are having them for dinner tonight in her honor. YUMMY! WAY TO GO ABBIE!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa White said...

That is so awesome! I can only asume your cooking skills also helped inspire her! PS She is ADORABLE!!!!

Britney said...

That is so cool!!!!! (That she won AND that they even have such a thing!) I'm going to have to talk it up around here and try to start something. I love it!

I am quite impressed though that someone her age could come up with an original recipe! Wowy Zowy!