Monday, February 9, 2009

Love is in the air....

There is something about Valentine's day that is so thrilling to me. I just love the idea that there is one day dedicated to just LOVE.
Since there are so many people in my life that I LOVE, I guess that is one of the reasons I LOVE Valentine's day so much. This last week has been filled with a ton of fun crafts with the kiddios in honor of the upcoming LOVE day and so I thought I would share some of them.


We had fun cutting out a plethora of pink, red and purple hearts and then hanging them up all around the house. This has added such a fun and cheery atmosphere to our home. I think I might keep them up for a little while! I LOVE them
Maya and Kai loved making a mess with their hand print hearts that they will be sending to their cousins....



Here are some of the Valentine's that Maya and I have been working on for her kindergarten class friends....
These were actually SO easy to make (if you have photoshop or something like it). I just purchased some of the snack sized Ziploc baggies and a bunch of yummy treats and then in photoshop I created a format that was the length of the baggie and then twice as big as the image is tall (did that make sense?) So it was 6.5x4. Then I created the image and made it 6.5x2 so that when it printed out I could fold it over. I printed them on cardstock and folded it over the baggie and stapled it to the baggie. I am sure that was far too confusing and so if you would like a copy of them I could email it to you...just let me know!

10 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

Wow!! You are such a cute and creative mom! How fun for your kids! I think you inspired me to maybe get a little more festive. That is, after I take down Autumn's b-day decorations! Those valentines for Maya's classmates are so cute. Did you make them? What a wonderful photographer you are too. All your pictures look so professional, like they belong in a magazine!

Britney said...

Carrie you never cease to amaze me! I wish I was one of your kids! They must always feel so safe and loved and special! You are so incredibly FANTASTIC!

I LOVE those valentines -- all of them. How did you do the tags on top of the bags of candy? They are just delicious to look at! I love all of the hearts on your windows -- you have inspired me -- yet again!

P.S. I love your silhouetted banner!!! In fact, in honor of the big love day coming up, I will say I truly "heart" it. :) We miss you and your creativity around here.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the sweet comments! Britney... The valentines were so easy to make....if you have a love for photoshop. I will go back on the blog and put instructions so you can copy :)

Cristy said...

I love the decorations! It is fun to see them in the window when we drive by. The valentines you made are super cute, too. Maya's classmates will be thrilled!

Unknown said...

Dang Carrie- You put me to shame. We did the SpongeBob and Disney Princess Valentines from Walmart AGAIN! What ever you do dont tell my kids how creative people actually can be. :)

Britney said...

Thanks for the instructions Carrie! I love them still!!!

Shauna said...

Wow!!! Cherry Pie and Maya Bell Fawn are amazing.

Amy F. said...

You are such a fun Mom! Your kids are so blessed. No wonder they're so happy!

Britney said...

Okay. Will you please email these to me? Please?

jcbjwood@iveracity.com

Thanks!

Carrie said...

THey are on their way, Britney!