Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love Day

We love Valentine's day. It is so fun for me to decorate the house the night before so that the kids can wake up to a fun surprise. I left a heart path from each of their rooms that lead down the stairs to the kitchen where it was decorated in Valentine's day fashion.




My mom always bought us a fun Valentine themed shirt, but since she still carries that tradition on for her grand kids...I decided two valentine shirts a year is a bit much and got them each a cute stuffed animal instead...


We had a fun breakfast with heart shaped ham, pink scrambled eggs, and pink milk. The big hit every year is pink crepes with yummy strawberry yogurt, powdered sugar and whip cream. My sister, Jen got me a crepe maker a couple of Christmas's ago and I LOVE it. It is one of those things that I don't use that often, but when I do use it, it makes for such a fun and YUMMY treat.... Anthony was such an amazing hubby today. He did the laundry, the dishes, picked up the house, watched the kids so I could take a nap and then later on in the day Anthony took the kids off to Nana and Papa's so that he could make a special Valentines day dinner for me (Sorry Ladies, but he is ALL MINE!!!).... Dinner was one of my all time favorites...ALASKAN KING CRAB and steak. He had a table set up by the fire with brie cheese and crackers.......It was so yummy!!!! and so nice to have a wonderful meal, in a quite home, with a crackling fire going and a hot hubby by my side. I am one lucky lady.
After dinner we went to a Valentine's day dance at the church. I had to help out in the kitchen and so, of course, Anthony helped out as well. We did go and dance for a while afterwards.
If is funny how after all these years, the most romantic Valentine's gift is just a nice quite day at home with my hubby.

11 comments:

Jenkins' Family said...

Looks like a very fun day! Your family is so lucky to have you and all your creativeness (is that a word?)

Shea said...

you always do the most fun and creative things. what a great mom you are, and so talented too! not fair :)

Britney said...

Carrie you're killin' me here!!! I am the worst mother ever!!

I am completely going to steal some of these ideas for next year! I LOVE all of this! You never cease to amaze me. It sounds like you had an amazing day! (And you deserve it!)

Jana Brookes said...

Wow! Sounds like a great time. You have such a fun and cute little family!

Jenny said...

WOW!!! Is all I can say, WOW!!

Jodi June said...

Care, did you make your Happy Valentines Day banner? That is so cute!

Carrie said...

Yes, I made the banner. It's fun, huh? It was a huge hit with the munchies.

Jodi June said...

is it paper or fabric? I think that you need to do a tutorial on it! Ü

Carrie said...

The banner is paper, Jod. I just used the bigger sized construction paper and cut out the triangles with about two inches on the top so I could fold it over onto the rope. and them I printed out the letters from Image Pro with black outline around them. I glued those on and then laminated it all(just so I could preserve it) Then I folded the couple of inches on the top over some small rope and stapled it together. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE????

Grammy and Bapa said...

How do you do it, Carrie? We're still trying to figure out how to spend less than 3-4 hours per post on our blog, let alone everything else you do!

Unknown said...

Holy cow, that is amazing, we want to come to your house, you are so dern creative!
P.S. your girls are darling, the piggys...I was dying they are so cute!