Thursday, February 12, 2009

i HEART cookies!

As I have said before, I LOVE Valentine's day. As with every holiday, it seems that having children makes it all the more fun and exciting. One of my MOST favorite things about Valentine's day is making my mom's DELICIOUS sour cream sugar cookies. Every time I bite into one of these cookies I am taken back to my childhood.
I remember making these cookies every year for Valentine's day. I loved frosting and decorating all the yummy heart shaped cookies and then being so excited every year when one (or two) popped up in my lunch sack on Valentine's Day. My mom was always so good at making Valentine's day so fun and exciting when we were kids. I am sure that is why I love it so much today and I want my kids to grow up with those same fond memories.
Thank you, mom for always making me feel so loved on every day of the year (but especially on Valentine's Day)!

Kai was so serious about his decorating. He took the time and meticulously placed each heart in a red-white pattern all the way around each of his cookies. He definitely gets that from his daddy!...


Maya on the other hand.....not so much. She just packed on as many candies as she could onto her cookies. The more the merrier, right? She definitely gets that from her mommy!...

mmmmmmmm....
All packaged up and ready to be delivered to good, loving homes.....

11 comments:

Shea said...

yum--these look divine. landry and i are going to make v-day cookies tomorrow. hope they turn out as good as yours!

Jana Brookes said...

So cute! I told you how you inspired me on your last valentine post! I'll have to post my pictures of our valentine heart decorations we hung up! Thanks for the inspiration Carrie! Honestly, I probably won't get to the cookies though! You are so good! :)

mycattripoli said...

i want those cookie sacks to come to my home! those look really good- and we will copying you this weekend- lots of delivering- lots of people to love- we love you- tell hub hello!

Shauna said...

I would love to live down the road about now. The cookies look so good!

Nan Campbell said...

The saying is true....what goes around, comes around! Thanks Pabsts for all the yummy cookies! Love that you love traditions!

Unknown said...

All that description of the yummy cookies and you arent going to share the recipe? How mean can you be? I also HEART cookies! Especially sugar ones. Happy V-Day Carrie!

Jen and Kent said...

Care, the kids and I made some yesterday. They do bring back such great memories. The kids beg to make them at every holiday

Jodi June said...

MMMMMmmmmmm, one of my Favorites!

Jodi June said...

We did brownie hearts this year... but now i want to make cookies! Ü

Britney said...

Those cookies look beautiful, festive, and DEEEE-licious.

Hope you have a Happy Valentine's day!

Jenkins' Family said...

I made some of these today too! The kids and I had to much fun.