Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Maya's 6th Birthday Princess Party!

We started the day off with our special birthday tradition birthday breakfast. Maya chose Sherry's for their hot cocoa and pancakes.


Maya's 6th birthday party was this last Saturday and while I probably went a bit too far and did a bit too much....it was a BLAST! All the little princesses that came seemed to be having so much fun the entire time. At the end of the day while I was tucking Maya in and giving her a big kiss, she whispered to me "This was the best day ever, Mom. Thanks for making it for me." Need I say, IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!


I started off the party by sending all the girls into hair and make-up with Auntie Cheryl and my mom. When they were done with that they were able to dance around to a wonderful cd I had made of some of Mayas favorite songs. Or they could go and decorate a goodie bag that would be used later on to take home some pinata candy and a couple other prizes and treats.
I tried to catch them while they were running around and dancing to get their picture taken with the Princess of Honor...

Here is a special SHOUT OUT to my mom and Cheryl. Thank you so much for all your help. I could not have done it without you....literally. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!...


(sorry Rachel, I am not sure how we missed you. You will have to come over later and we will take one then!)


When the girls were done with their bags and make-up, we went back into the "Grand Ballroom" and played pass the frog. (just like hot potato) Whenever the music stopped, whoever had the frog got to pick a prize. We did this until everyone got a prize...



We then played kiss the frog (just like pin the tail on the donkey). I drew and cut out a big frog and used some lips with each girls name on it.


We then went in to hit the tiara pinata.

After that, the girls sat down at the table and decorated their rice crispy wands (HERE)
Prince Kai even got in on some of the action!
Since the girls were already at the table, we had cake and ice cream next. I made Maya a princess cake this year that was so cute but probably took way to long (HERE)They had strawberry ice cream served up in goblets and pink lemonade ...

This girl got SPOILED. She has such great friends who care so much about her and were so happy to see her happy. I loved how excited they were for Maya to get to their present...

Each girl went home with a fun goody bag (HERE).

The party was so much fun and I know that Maya and hopefully all here friends will remember it forever. I had a very happy girl that felt very special and that made it a HUGE success and was all worth it!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Carrie- Will you be my mom?

Carrie said...

You know I will, Amy.

Jen and Kent said...

WOW! What an amazing party. Sure wish I could have been there. What's this new blog you started? Let me just say thank you from all of us that "need" to copy your fantastic ideas!! Keep them coming!

Shauna said...

Oh my goodness Cherrie Pie! How fun was this party??? Happy Birthday Maya Bell Fawn!! We love you!

Julie Heugly said...

your kids are lucky to have you!

cheryl close said...

Mirror,mirror on the wall,
who's the fairest princess of them all?

Princess Maya it is true,is fair and kind, and loving, too!

A royal big sister,daughter and grand. As a niece there's no better in the whole land. A friend above others is said and is true,all this and more is why WE LOVE YOU !

ode to Maya :)

Prilla said...

Wow Carrie...you are amazing! What a fun party.

Carrie said...

Wow Cheryl. Thanks for the little poem. You have some serious talent....You are a poet and I didn't know it.

Jodi June said...

SO FUN Maya girl! wish we could have been there!
Love you!

wow Cheryl...

Jana Brookes said...

I will say it again! Super fun and talented awesome momma!! You are awesome Carrie! Happy b-day Maya!

Robyn said...

Wow, you win Mother of the Year, hands down. What a fabulous party! I love all your cute ideas and crafts. I am sure the girls had a fantastic time. Maya will never forget it (the work is all worth it). Especially the cake- awesome!! Happy Bday Maya!