Thursday, June 5, 2008

What a MAN!!

Anthony is such an incredible dad. The other day Maya and I decided to do makeovers with eachother (this is one of her favorite things) and I actually blow dried her hair straight too. It is only the second time I have ever done this because she looks so old and it really freaks Anthony and I out. SO, she got to put makeup on me and do my hair and then, of course, I did the same for her. Anyways, we went to go show Anthony how beautiful we looked and Maya said, "hey dadda, how 'bout we do your makeup, too. Please, Please, PLEASE!" And Anthony being the incredible father he is saw how excited she was and said sure. So, she had him lay down on the bed while she did her magic. It was SO cute. I don't think I laughed so hard in a long time. Maya was on cloud 9 and was just eating her dadda up. It takes a real man to lay on the bed and allow his 5 year old daughter to have her way with him and the makeup bag.....Not to mention his wife cracking up in the background and taking pictures of every moment. And then, of course, Kai wanted to see what all the fuss was about and so we gave him a little bit of a makeover too. He loved posing for the camera with the curler in his hair.

Click to play makeover
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

After Maya was all done, she wanted to show Nana. Of course, Mom started to crack up immediatley. And then she said "OH, you look like the evil step sister bartender from Shrek.......I don't know, what do you all think? Don't worry, Honey....I think you look much more BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

11 comments:

auntieC said...

O.K. statement #1. Anthony,(hi sweetie!)Have I got a BROTHER for you!!(and you know I do) #2.MYMY (that's my new name for Maya)you look so grown up,just like a teenager,you are a doll! (can I make an appointment for a makeover,soon!)and #3.To my K-A-I boy,I always wondered how your hair got so darn curly,you cute thing you. I can't wait to see you again and give you all big smooches!! (think I'll run right over!)

Jen and Kent said...

OK, several points need to be made:

1st, Maya does look so old with straight hair but so adorable and are those her real eyelashes? so long and beautiful!

2nd, lipstick and wiskers are a no,no!

3rd, where's the pictures of Carrie?

4th, Anthony, you got a little on your teeth! (what a rookie move!)

Carrie said...

very good points Cheryl and Jen.
1st of all....Cheryl thanks for the offer but your brother is taken and, oh yeah, so is Anthony.

2nd yes, those are Maya's real lashes. No digital inhancing or lash glueing took place. We are in big trouble (she IS a hottie)

3rd sorry about the whiskers. We didn't have the stage makeup available.

4th I put a picture of me first thing in the morning on Mother's day and got a lot of hell for it so, NO THANKS!

and finally, Maya actually did notice the lipstick right after the picture and cleaned it up immediatley and insisted on taking another picture, I just liked the teeth picture better. Some rookie, eh?.....

Unknown said...

That just cracked me up...Anthony is the bomb!

Carrie, your blog is so dang cute, like your family. How do you do it?

-rachel messel

Jodi June said...

Ohhhh my gosh! Looks like Cheryl and Jen have all the comments covered! Ü Not much left for me to add other then I love and miss you SO MUCH!

Jodi June said...

p.s. Care, Your new blog logo ROCKS!!!! did you make that up yourself? I am thinking that i need for you to make me up one!!!
LOVE IT!

Carrie said...

Jodi, yes I made it all by myself. Cool, eh! I would love to make you one...just let me know what you would like in it and colors and all.
and RACHEL MESSEL if you happen to read my comments, I would love to be able to reply back to all you sweet comments. It is so good to hear from you so let me know if you have an email or a blog spot.

Jodi June said...

Care! WOW! I love it! WTG! nice job! I just love the lil' birdies, one for each of you! too cute!
I dunno... how bout you just make me one you know i will love... I am sure i will love whatever you do!
xoxoxo!!!!!

HeatherM said...

too cute & so funny! your kids are so cute. we have a little ady too, your's is just beautiful! stay tone for pictures of our visit to heather's. I am still at my moms.

Unknown said...

Yikes that is seriously scary how much resemblance there realy is. LOL!!

Michelle said...

Seriously, that picture of Anthony is SO funny! It really does look like the lady on Shrek! :)