Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

I REMEMBER......

going on your business trips and learning how to properly eat sunflower seeds.

wrestling in the front room.

holding your hands while running errands.

being carried to bed after falling asleep.

red swimming trunks.

Zippity Do Da.

being so proud at girls camp while you belted out Boom-Chicka-Boom

I love you a bushel and a peck.

trips to the local Thrifty for a single scoop of ice cream.

special dates with dad.

being tucked in at night and getting bounced up and down with, "K-I-S-S-K-I-S-S, KISSES, KISSES, KISSES!'

helping in the yard on Saturday mornings

a tug on the ear from the stands during church.

sneaking in between you and mom at nights after a really bad dream.

rushing to the "bishops" office after church for some candy.

I can remember so many great things about you, Dad. But most of all, I remember knowing that I have the greatest dad in the whole wide world. I am so thrilled and happy to know that my children are growing up with a lot of the same memories with the greatest Papa in the world.

Thanks for all the memories, Dad. Happy Father's Day! I love you!













6 comments:

Shauna said...

Carrie, I love the picture of Your parents with the grandkids! Wow, that could win prizes. What a cute bunch of kids. Dad's are special, it sounds like your's extra.

Unknown said...

that is so sweet. What a great and incredibly sweet tribute to your dad!

auntieC said...

Carrie...this is such a touching post.You are so lucky to have such tender memories. Thanks for sharing. XOXO

Jodi June said...

We love you too Daddy! It was SO NICE to be able to have you here on Father's Day! we love you!

Jen and Kent said...

What a cute tribute! I love the list of memories. I might have to steal that idea!

Jenkins' Family said...

What a nice tribute to your dad. I remember going on a business trip with you guys back in the day. I loved seeing all the pictures of your family, everyone looks so good and you have the cutest kids, and nieces and nephews. How's the new house?