Monday, May 18, 2009

While the BOYS are Away....

...the GIRLS stay home and play, play, play!

This weekend Anthony decided to take Kai on their first ever Father/Son campout.
I remember when Dad and Spencer and Chris would go out on their mysterious Fathers/Son campout, my mom would make sure that the girls were not left in the dust. We would stay home and have a blast without them.
So, of course, I wanted to do the same with my own girls.

AND BOY OH BOY DID WE HAVE A BLAST!

We started the night out by going out to dinner. I don't think I have ever been out to dinner (at at resturant) with just me and my girls and so it was quite the treat. *Sorry, I guess I don't take the best one-handed pictures (poor Addie)


After dinner we went and got a movie and some treats.
We came home and put Addie to bed and then Maya and I had a little slumber party with "Bedtime Stories" and a bunch of Yummy-licious treats.
What a fun night.


I must admit, I was excited to see my boys come home the next day.
Don't get me wrong, I loved hanging out with my girls....I just missed my boys.

P.S. The boys had a great time at the campout. Kai found a bunch of rocks and sticks to bring home with him and ate a months worth of marshmallows and red vines.

4 comments:

Britney said...

Love it!!! I love that Fathers and Sons is actually a time for Moms and Daughters. My boys LOVE fathers and sons, but I hope my daughter ends up loving as much as I'm sure your girls did as well! :)

Jen and Kent said...

What a fun mom you are!! Maya looks like she had a blast! I remember how fun Father/son campouts were for us growing up too...except when I tossed the brush to mom and it hit her on the elbow and made her pass out. I thought I had killed her. Remember that...good times, goood times!

Robyn said...

I'm always jealous of the boys cause I want to go camping too! But you're right, if you can't join em... have a fun girls' nite at home!

Hey I just read your comment on my blog and thought if you want, you could email me a list of the songs you don't have and I'll just burn a disc for you. Do you have my email? R akenhead 25 at Hotmail dot com. Don't forget your mailing address and I'll save you some time/money.

Nan Campbell said...

Ha,ha,ha! I remember that one Jen! I'm happy to see the tradition carried on... just don't let Maya toss a brush to you Carrrie!