Thursday, May 7, 2009

Keeping Us On Our Toes

I don't want to say that Maya and Kai were EASY toddlers, but now that I have Addison to compare them too, I am thinking they would come pretty darn close, in comparison.



Or maybe I just have very selective memory.



Either way, Addison has become quite the darling little terror.
She rarley gives us a break. She is always climbing on tables, dumping out my purse, doing science experiements with toilet paper and toilet water, testing out the left overs in the garbage, creating milk puddles on the floor, pulling out and stacking pots and pans, wondering why dog food doesn't taste as good as cheerios, testing the laws of gravity at any high point she can reach....the list goes on and on.
The worst part of it all is that she really is SO incredibly darling. Whenever she is caught in the act, she will either give you this infectiously cute giggle and smile OR she will do her best to stare you down with a scowl that only a person with a heart of stone could not laugh at. I mean, how can I repremend this chubby cutie?
We are in BIG TROUBLE with this one.


If only she weren't so darn cute....





the scowl.....

the huge grin....





9 comments:

Amy F. said...

Jessica's right behind you Addison!! You can get into some real trouble together at nursery in a few months!!

Nan Campbell said...

That's our Addie girl! Sunday, Kai was trying very hard to play with a game by himself at our kitchen table. We pushed the chairs away so he would not be "bugged" by Addie, but she was smarter than the rest of us, and just pushed the chairs back to the table and climbed up and proceeded to "help" Kai with his game! No fear in our sweet brown-eyed baby!!!

Jen and Kent said...

Oh my goodness Carrie...she is ADORABLE! Her scowl has to be one of the cutest things ever. I was cracking up that she new exactly what to do with the mouse on the computer!

Britney said...

Oh yeah! You're in trouble!! She is WAY too deliciously cute to be mad at!!!! She is so stinking cute!!!! How do you stand it?! I LOVE these pictures -- especially the first two of her getting caught in the act. heee hee

Deisha said...

I love it! If she had a twin - that twin would be Aubrey. Can I just say "ditto" to every picture you took of Addie. There isn't anything my little one doesn't think she should try and try and try again! It's nice to see that it sounds like I got the most challenging one first...it get better from here right!!???

Julie Heugly said...

I hear ya! We currently have all our chairs and stools on top of either the island or kitchen table! so much fun. ;o)

HeatherM said...

ok I am scared now. Our Ady's are twins! I swear. Although I can easily say Makenzie was sooo easy in comparison. I can't even clean when she's awake. She thinks the vacuum is a ride. I go to bed an hour after her so I can keep up. It really is good they are BOTH so dare sweet & cute as can be.

The Campbell Clan said...

Love the pics Carrie. She is such a little doll! Good luck with discipline and let me know what you learn... You are a great mom and she is clearly having enjoying life!

auntieC said...

Oh Carrie, I want to jump in the car and race over there and kiss her til she gets mad! ew...I love her to pieces.