Saturday, December 20, 2008

Keeping up with the Claus's

I re-discovered something the other night while we were putting our traditional Costco kit gingerbread house together and candy was flying everywhere and frosting was covering hands and clothes and just about everything within a 10 foot radius. The holidays isn't about "keeping up with the Claus's". It isn't about if the cookies being delivered to the neighbors look just right, or if the laundry gets done, or the dishes get loaded...or even about if green frosting comes out of fabric. It is about enjoying the joy and pure excitement my children have with the simple things in life. So while I was stressing out about the mess, I was missing out on so much. SOOOOOOO, I ended up sitting back, watching and enjoying it all with them. And boy was it GREAT!

And just so you know, green frosting does come out of fabric. It just takes a little more effort.







4 comments:

Jenny said...

How cute!!!! You always capture the best pictures. We sure miss you guys also.

Deisha said...

That was a fantastic movie clip. We can't wait until Aubrey gets old enought to do fun stuff like this with. What fun memories!

Prilla said...

Anthony is as much as a kid as the other two. I guess the kids have to learn it from someone, right??? What a fun time.

Unknown said...

Oh boy you are a nicer mom than I. We did the same exact kit afew days ago and I was incharge of the frosting. They did everything else. No green frosting faces here. :)