Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy 5, Kai!

On May 25th Kai turned 5!! I can hardly believe my baby boy is 5. He will be going to kindergarten in 4 months. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
We had such a fun time as a family making Kai the King for the day. Our little family has a tradition that on the day of each child's birthday, they are the King/Queen for the day. Whatever they say goes. The only rule is, they still have to be kind and respectful. Last year Kai didn't quite get this tradition and kind of just copied what Maya had done months before on her birthday. It was so fun to see how independent he has become this last year and what he wanted to do on his birthday.

He kept with tradition and we got up at 6am to have breakfast at Sherry's where he ordered Chocolate milk and smiley faced pancakes with bacon...



For lunch time he decided that he wanted to go to his favorite indoor playground at Burger King's in Portland. Addie came along and the three of us had a blast playing and eating for a couple of hours...


Later on he decided to invite the Beddes's with us to watch Shrek 3 where he treated everyone to unlimited theatre popcorn...

And then, for dinner he chose RED ROBIN. He actually originally wanted Chuck E Cheese's but after some gentle persuasion (and maybe a bribe or two) he decided Red Robin would be MUCH better Ü...

This picture cracks me up. I think Emma was falling off her booster seat and was NOT happy about it....

Uncle Toph got some magic tricks and some pranks for Kai and is showing him how to use them....


Kai even decorated his own cake (per his request)...

Steph was so sweet to bring some super fun cupcakes for the party....YUM!

She also got him some super creepy and oowey gooey fun toys. She defiantly knows the way to his heart (food and fun)....

Of course the biggest kid in the room had to try out the fake eyeballs....

At the end of the night, Maya gave Kai the birthday card she had been working so hard on. She wrote a whole story inside about the two of them and then read it to him. I almost cried. It was so sweet... Happy Birthday sweet Kai Boy. We are so lucky you were born into our family and I can't imagine a world without you.






Every year I interview the Birthday King/Queen and so each year we can watch the previous years videos together on their birthday. It is so fun to see how much they have grown each year...

4 comments:

Britney said...

Wo. 5 years?!

I love that picture of Maya and Kai, with her arm around him reading the story. I'll admit -- even I had a few drops and they're not even my kids. You two are such good parents and are doing such a good job with them. The proof is in the pudding -- or in the picture.

Happy Birthday Kai!!! That is one sweet cake!!!

Jen and Kent said...

Ah poor Kai got talked out of his favorite place in the world on his birthday. LOL! It looks like he was still spoiled. He is such a sweetheart. Maybe he will have to pick out that race car with his Aunt Jen when we go shopping together. I sure love that boy!

Nan Campbell said...

Kai...you had my heart from the very first day you arrived(with all your red hair) and you still do! You are just the sweetest, yummiest boy alive! Can't believe you are five already!I love you.

Stephanie Kralevich said...

I just watched the interview with Kai. GOLD GOLD GOLD! Sweetest boy ever. I love how his birthday wish was to have unlimited ice cream. His closing "I Love You" was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.