Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our Addie Girl

This child came into our lives and penetrated my heart in a way I never saw coming.



Her constant disheveled look has become a part of her. She is always on the move. Always getting into something. Always.

I used to try and keep up. Fixing her hair with pretty barrettes and ponytails. She doesn't have time for bows or barrettes. Pretty things just get in her way.

She just wants to play, explore and destroy...

Her stubborn persistence.

The way she goes about her business without a care in the world. It is as if nothing else matters. It is her and her goal. Wither it is picking her nose or grabbing for a cup full of grape juice, this girl will stop at nothing to get the job done.

Mommy may yell, Daddy may grab...but she will persist until the task is complete. No matter the obstacle that is in her way.
Her eyes...
oh man, those eyes.

At times, it is as if I can feel them enter deep into my soul.
With that stare it is as if Our spirits connect and hang out for a bit.

Totally pure and kind.

Those eyes...


She may be the reason I get my first gray hair, or the reason I fall into a deep coma each night, or the reason I have given up on a completely tidy home,

but this girl has my heart.
She is my sweet little angel and I thank God for trusting us enough to place her amazing spirit into our family for all eternity.

I got the good end of the deal.

11 comments:

auntieC said...

oh. so. sweet. <3

toph said...

so cute.

Jen and Kent said...

Carrie...i'm in tears...thanks for such a sweet post. What a good reminder that we are so lucky to be parents to such sweet, adorable, and precious children. I love you, your sweet hubbie, and your adorable children!

toph said...

so cute.

Jodi June said...

DITTO to what Jen Said...
sweet brown eyed Addie girl!

Chelly said...

*sniffle* That was beautiful, Carrie~ you and I are alot alike in this way~ I feel so achingly in love with my boys it's almost impossible to describe. Addie does have the most expressive eyes! The pics are so beautiful <3 It makes me happy to see/feel so much love in a family~ makes the world a much sweeter place to be :o) Thanks for sharing!

Nan Campbell said...

Love, love, love that girl!

Britney said...

I agree...I had to stop crying in order to see to type this comment. That was such a sweet post. She is one of the cutest little things I think I've ever seen.

The Campbell Clan said...

Awesome post Carrie. She will LOVE reading about herself as she gets older. The pictures are perfect--of course, and I love the love you have for your kids. It really does matter, and it really does make life wonderful. Love you and your adorable family.

Robyn said...

What a gorgeous girl! I totally know about that hair issue- Ashley is the same way. I can spend 10 minutes trying to get her unruly hair into ponytails or whatever and the next time I see her it's all out. Such a waste! I've all but given up on her. I just wish her 'natural' look was a bit more tame, but whatever.

The Potter Pack said...

She is beyond adorable for sure !!