Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Moving Family Home Evening

Anthony has been wanting a piano for a very long time. So for his birthday this year I arranged to have my Grammy's old piano that has been sitting in my parents garage moved into our front room. (It turns having a piano moved requires a lot of planning and preperation)
So we had a special family home evening and invited a bunch of friends and family over to mom and dad's house for pizza where the men moved the piano from the garage to the uhaul and then we all moved the party to our house where the men moved the piano off the trailor, up the front steps and into our front room. After the piano was sittin' pretty in its new home we had a lesson and some dessert.

It was a really fun night with some of our closest loved ones.

Thank you so much to all those who came to help....especially all of our strong, able men.



The men had quite the audience....




Kai found a good spot to sit and watch...

Here are the muscles...Aaron, Dad, Mike, Anthony, Aaron and Spence...

Breaking it in...

7 comments:

Jodi June said...

WOW! kewl! that piano is heavy!

Britney said...

YEAH!!! I love that picture of Anthony and the kids. So darn sweet!

Julie said...

It was so fun to see Grammy's old Piano....that brings back a lot of good memories! I'm glad it's getting some good use.

Thomas said...

Hey, I remember you talking about this surprise. So fun that you made it happen for Anthony!

Deisha said...

That is awesome...so does he actually know how to play it yet?? We hope to get a piano one of these days!

Cristy said...

It has been fun to hear the piano when I am outside! I am impressed with all of your efforts to get Anthony such a thoughtful birthday present. You are a great wife!

Robyn said...

Oh man!! You know I am so jealous right now! The piano fairy brought you one and not me! Enjoy it!!!