Sunday, March 1, 2009

Making Memories

We do the "marble jar reward system" in our home and it works wonders. Each kid has a jar and for the "good" things they do...they get a marble. "Bad" and they get one taken away. When their jar is finally full, we make a HUGE deal out of it and that child then gets to buy a toy, treat, or go on a special date with mom or dad to a place of their choosing.

Well, yesterday Maya put the last marble in her jar.
We cheered.
We sang.
We danced.
And then she decided that she wanted to go see the Tualatin High School's production of Beauty and the Beast.

It was Anthony's turn to take her.
Since I am obviously a blogger addict, I asked him to please take the camera and take lots of pictures for me.


THIS IS WHAT HE CAME HOME WITH....
*believe it or not...This is just a fraction of what was actually on the camera. (Sorry to make you all miss out but I had to draw the line somewhere)

Although I was a little bugged that I didn't get to see any pictures of Maya enjoying the ACTUAL PLAY...The one thought that was going through my mind as I was viewing the 20+ photos of my husband and daughter being total goof balls in front of who knows how many people, was how grateful I am that I have a husband who knows how to have a blast with his children REGARDLESS of how many people are looking. The only thoughts going through his mind were of his incredibly funny and bright 6 year old daughter SO full of personality and the great time they were having at the Beauty and the Beast play.

And it is for things like this that I don't give him enough praise and thanks.
Thank you, honey, for being the greatest dadda in the whole wide world, our children are SO LUCKY to have you!


just as a side note: I had three different people come up to me at church today saying how cute it was to see Anthony and Maya having so much fun together during intermission.

8 comments:

Cristy said...

Cute pictures! Maya mentioned that she was going to the play, but I didn't realize it was a daddy/daughter date. What a good dad Anthony is!

Kellie said...

Yeah, it doesn't look like they had any fun at all :)

Britney said...

These pictures are awesome!!! Anthony is truly a great dad! Maya will treasure these pictures forever!

Jen and Kent said...

I can tell which one is the Beauty and which one is the Beast...j/k! Daddy daughter dates are the best! Way to go Maya on getting all your marbles. You are fabulous!!

Jenkins' Family said...

How lucky is Maya! What a fun memory for both of them. I love this post.

Jenkins' Family said...

How lucky is Maya! What a fun memory for both of them. I love this post.

Jodi June said...

MAYA!!!! You Got all your MARBLES!!! Yea for YOU! You are such a good girl! I just know that you will have that jar filled again in No time!

HAHA! Jen, too funny, cause i was going to say the Exact same thing! Certainly can tell who the Beauty is & who is the Beast! Ü What fun Times!

Shauna said...

I love the complete happiness in their faces. Maya will have high expectations for future men in her life and that's a great thing. Way to go Anthony!