Thursday, March 19, 2009

Feeling a little GREEN

The good ol' Leprechauns came to visit our house again this year. They are sneaky little buggers! The kids decorate a treasure chest of sorts every year to leave out for the wee lads. They sneak into our house while we are sleeping and dance around our house, leaving a trail of green string where ever they roam. The kids follow the string that leads straight to the treasure chest now full of green goodies. The kids LOVE this tradition. Anything that brings candy into our home gets them giddy for some reason.

As we were getting ready for bed, Maya showed me this note that she wrote to the Leprechauns ALL BY HERSELF. SO CUTE!!!
side note: I am just so amazed at how quickly this girl is learning to read and write. There are plenty of mistakes so I wrote a translation but she is doing so great with sounding words out.


For breakfast....green eggs with spinach, green apple muffins and green milk. Can I just say, THANK GOODNESS FOR FOOD COLORING!!! I have found so many uses for the stuff.




I LOVE packing Maya's lunches every day...especially when there is a holiday or some excuse to get creative. Today she and Kai both got apple muffins with green food coloring, green grapes, a green apple, apple juice, a string cheese (I just had to add some protein in there somewhere) and a love note on a four leaf clover.

6 comments:

Britney said...

So fun!! I love the green string tradition!!!

My kids won't hardly eat eggs, but I can assure you they would NEVER eat them if they were green! :) (Party poopers!)

Sounds like a fun day!

Shauna said...

You are just so much fun! I need a lesson from you, I even forgot to dress my kids in green. I'm hopeless.
I agree, Maya is really learning fastfast how to read and write!
There has to be something alphabetical in the water at your house!

Jen and Kent said...

What a fun mom you are. I try to not let my kids read your blog often because then they will feel neglected. Love you!!!

Cumorah said...

Oh my lands! You are the type of mom that makes my kids come home crying their eyes out that the leprachaun didn't visit them like it did their friends at school. I am SOOOO not on top of things like that! You've got some lucky little kiddos!

Robyn said...

Wow, you are so creative! I love the tradition of leaving out the treasure chest and the green string trail! Their lunches too- I don't know how you thought of so many green things!

Robyn said...

Oh I had to come back and say I love Lenka too! She's so addictive.