Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SURPRISE!!!!!

My wonderful mother turns the big 6-0 tommorow and we really wanted to do something fun and memorable for this huge milestone. My mom is amazing and deserves everything that is fun and memorable. SO, we decided to throw her a SURPRISE 60th birthday party. And boy was it ever a surprise. I don't think I have ever seen my mother in such a state of shock then when she walked in unknowingly on her own birthday party.

It was beautiful.

Jodi flew in from Utah and Jen and my mom's sister, Deb, flew in from Colorado. We had a spot reserved at the Claim Jumper resturant where all of our family and friends came to surprise mom. Dad had to tell a little fib, saying that they were going out to dinner with some other Stake President and his wife. So when she and dad showed up to a room full of people who love and appreciate mom so much, she almost hit the floor.

It was such a fun night.




Mom and her sister Deb...

The Campbell Crew (Spencer, Jen, Jodi, Myself, Chris) I LOVE my brothers and sisters!!!!

The Campbell Sisters....



I love this one of Jodi and Jen taking a picture of themselves....(that's what you get for not inviting me. )



Aunt Deb was able to find some pictures of mom when she was younger and I had found some from her younger days with children and so I framed a bunch of these pictures and put them all around the two tables that we had. It was such a fun and sentimental touch.



It is a good thing that Cheryl was in charge of the birthday cake...I mean cakeS. She did an amazing job and made some super delicious cakes. A carrot cake, a layered chocolate cake and some white chocolate coconut cupcakes. My mouth is watering just thinking about them...



I had fun making little party favors, party hats and place mats for the party...





So many friends and family that were not able to make it sent in cards and emails wishing her a happy birthday and I put them all in a little scrapbook for her to keep and read. (Thank you to all who wrote in...it really turned out amazing and made her feel like the queen she is)

6 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

Happy Birthday Nan!! Hope you have a great day!! I'm glad your wonderful kids got to throw you such a fun surprise party! I'm so glad that you and my mom became such good friends! You were so good to her, and I hope you know she still loves you!!
P.S. Carrie, you and your sisters are just gorgeous!!

Jenkins' Family said...

Happy Birthday Nan!! What a fun party, I had so much fun looking at all the pictures of your gorgeous family, tell them all hello.

Jodi June said...

AWWWW! good times... good times...!!! It was so much fun to surprise you Mom! I still can't believe that we actually pulled it off after SEVERAL months of planning and almost 'slipping' several times! that was SO HARD to keep a secret! So worth it in the end. Love You!

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet mom! I've always loved her smile.
You and your sisters also have the prettiest smiles ever!

auntieC said...

Got any cake left? I'm Jones-ing for a piece...........w/a diet coke :P

Carrie said...

Whatever...I didn't take it home. And if I did, there for sure wouldn't be any left!