Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

This Halloween was a very busy and fun day. The kids woke up to our traditional spooky Halloween breakfast. This year we had orange eggs and orange muffins with bluberries. YUMMY. I stuck with my usual, cottage cheese and yogurt. I then got the kids all ready and sent Maya off to school. Then at 11am I headed over to the school with Kai to start getting ready for the Kindergarten Halloween Party. It was so much fun. The kids played pumpkin bean bag toss and decorated pumpkin cookies and made a skeleton out of Qtips. They also had a blast going on a parade around the school.


Maya was so cute, during the parade she held on so tight to Kai and helped him walk around the school with her. Normally this would not fly but for some reason Kai was just fine with the smothering instinct in Maya this time.

Maya was a witch at the church Halloween Party...But, when she saw her BFF Rachel show up to the church as a bride, she insited on borrowing Nana's dress up bride outfit for her school Halloween party. She, of course, looked DARLING!!!

Kai was thrilled to be able to put on his super Kai costume again. Especially since it is associated with getting candy now.

Anthony brought Addison over later, after he aced his final midterm, so he could hang out for a while at the party!


Maya with some of the class all dressed up for Halloween.


Maya with her teacher, Mrs. Phillips.



After school we headed over to Papa's retirement party. After 32 years at LDS social services....my Dad is finally retiring. CONGRATS DAD!!!!
It was a fun party where lots of friends and family came to honor Dad.

It was also Chris's birthday...He went out with Erin, though after the party and so we celebrated his birtday Sunday night.

As if Kai needs a mask.....he already looks so much like his Papa.



Wow, Dad looks so pretty with a veil.



Mom and Aunt Cheryl. Such a pretty couple!
Dad's sister, Maryln and her husband flew in for the party. It was so nice to see them and visit with them. They just got back from a mission to Croatia!

After the party we went to a portrait studio that Aunt Cheryl works at and had the kids pictures taken in their costumes. And, yes, they were cute and I will be posting them as soon as we get them back.

Then we headed over to Nana and Papa's for dinner and then Saralyn and I took the kids up and down Nana and Papa's street. Kai and Emma were so cute and remembered to YELL, "THANK YOU!!!!" after every door.
Maya had a blast setting up shop and handing out candy back at Nana and Papa's house. She organized all the candy in piles of two's so that she could grab a pile and hand it out each time.

WHAT A DAY!!!!......OH yeah....and Addison did manage to slip a nap in there somewhere.....

8 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun and busy, busy day. I get tired just reading it, but then again, I get tired constantly nowadays. Sounds like the day couldn't have been better, unless of course we were there, Just Kidding!!!!!

Unknown said...

HOw cute, your days are always fun...I have to say there is a picture from Maya's class it looks cool--I am trying to figure out how you did it, the kids are all in focus and the background is nicely out of focus it makes for a nice effect

HeatherM said...

so fun! so busy! I know I've said it before but you are such a fun mommmy. I love seeing pictures fo your family they all look so good. Congrats to your cute dad!

Carrie said...

Hey, Rach. It is called photoshop. My camera does not take half the photo I usually end up posting. I love playing in photoshop. It allows you to select an area and then make it blury. Cool huh!

Cristy said...

Maya is the sweetest bride! She looks so beautiful! I love the masks at your dad's party. I laughed at the pictures of your kids holding them in front of their faces. What a fun idea!

Jodi June said...

OH!!! my goodnesss! What FUN times! We sure missed having you close by to 'Halloween' with!! it just wasn't the same.
Maya... so beautiful!
Kai... just as loveable as ever!
Awww addy! oh my gosh... what a cutie! so sleepy!

Love the pic of Cheryl and Mom! skinny minnies!

What the heck is on Chris' FACE? Ü

Care... lookin' HOT!

How cute are those masks? too funny! wish we could have been there!

Shauna said...

I love your hair curly Carrie! Like in the photo with your brother. I just had to say that. You and Maya have the BEST hair. Kai looks great in his "super Kai" costume and Addie at the end conked out is just the right touch. Lovelove ya ALL!

auntieC said...

Dang it! Scruffy ate my "Lloyd fan" I mean mask. I thought it would be cool(pun intended)to pull the Lloyd fan(mask) outta my purse during stake conference and start fanning myself and the others around me. Hey Carrie,can I borrow one of your masks and have a copy made. :)

Maybe we could sell them like at a stake picnic next summer hahahahahaha