Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Party!

So this is pretty much what I have been up to the past few weeks. Our ward had an incredible Halloween party last Friday and I just happened to be on the activities commitee. I had a blast helping to plan the party but it did take quite a bit of my time and just a tad on the stressed out side. BUT, it is over now and everyone that came (and there were a ton of people there) seemed to have a blast so it was all worth it.

Our cute little teddy bear. All of our kids have used this costume at least once, you can see why.... they all look so darn cute in it.
this is our neighbor and friend, Cristy with Addison. She was so great to take around our kids with hers while I was trying to take care of all the party stuff. Thank you, Cristy
Our cute little witchy poo. Maya insisted on getting black hair spray to put on her hair. We found out quickly that curly blonde hair and cheap black hairspray do not mix. It turned out being a huge ratty mess. Oh well, it was fun for her.

When I was thinking up Kai's costume this year I thought a lot about how easy it would be if he just loved the power rangers and transformers or Spider Man like all the other little boys. Then I could just go to Target and get him a typical boy costume and call it a day. But those of you who know Kai, know that he could care less about all the typical boy things. If it has a alphabet letter on it, he is in love. SO I came up with the idea of having Kai be a "SUPER KAI" and putting a bigh K on the front of him and on a cape. A mother always knows what is best, I guess, because Kai LOVED it!!!!


Kai and his Dadda

Instead of the usual trunk or treating during the ward halloween parties, we decided to have people decorate the classroom doors around the church building. The main reason was we were not sure it it was going to rain or not....of course it ended up being a beautiful night but the kids didn't seem to mind being inside. As long of there is candy, and LOTS of it, right?



Maya and her BFF, Rachel.

9 comments:

Jenkins' Family said...

I love all their costumes, Carrie you did a great job with Kai's. The little dinosaur costume that Seth had on this year has been through all our kids as well! I bet the Halloween party was a blast, you always put your all into things like that, your ward is lucky to have you.

Mandy said...

The party WAS a hit - and I can't tell you how cute Kai's costume was...loved the undies! Now, take a breather and gear up for the Christmas party right? Thanks for all you do. We love the Pabst family.

Cristy said...

Carrie, the party was so much fun! When we went trick-or-treating on Friday night Jonah asked if we were going to get to play games, too. He was disappointed that we weren't going to another party!

Your kids looked so cute in their costumes! I love the first picture of Kai showing off his muscles. I heard several people at the party comment on how great his costume was. The undies on the outside were hilarious! Maya looked so pretty in her witch dress. Too bad about the ratty hair but I am glad she enjoyed it! And thanks so much for letting me steal Addi away from you for awhile. It makes me happy that she is my bud.

Nan Campbell said...

Anthony needs to start working on his costume for next year...he has room for improvement!!! The rest are ADORABLE!

Jana Brookes said...

Darlings! Looks like you guys had a great halloween!

auntieC said...

hahaha ho..ho teehee....Nan, I was thinking the same exact thing...oh man.. yea Anthony...dude,where's the costume mawhahaha you crack me up : )
The kids are just darling as always!!

Jen and Kent said...

Oh my GOODNESS Carrie!! You are so dang creative. Kai's costume is hillarious. I'll bet he was in love with the big cute dotted K. I can't wait to kiss those kids of yours (3 weeks woohooo!!!!)

Carrie said...

Oh, come on Cheryl and mom....Anthony did show up with his big fleece p.j's and slippers but he said it got too hot and he just had to take his "costume" off.

Shonda said...

THAT WAS THE BEST HALLOWEEN PARTY...EVER! Seriously. My girls were so looking forward to it, and man, you guys did not dissapoint. It was over the top in every way. The Halloween party, is always my favorite, but this one will go down as the best of the best. Thanks for all the work. It made such a great memeory.