Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch!!!!!

WARNING: TONS OF PHOTOS!!!!

I am 31 years old and I swear I still love going to the pumpkin patch every year as much as I did when I was 5. In fact, I think I might love it even more because I get to experience all of that fun and excitement that I remember through my children's eyes.
So last night, for family home evening, we went to the pumpkin patch at a place called Lee's farm that is just up the road from our house. It was such a fun place. It was much like the pumpkin patch that I always remembered going to growing up. I love the local, home town feeling here in Tualatin.





Wouldn't you know, they have the same pumpkin growth chart thing that the pumpkin patches in Utah have. This is way cool because I have a picture of the kids standing by this jolly ol' pumpkin every year!
And of course we had to get the photos with the big wooden character thing-a-ma-jiggers.


Maya had so much fun just climbing over the endless sea of orange, looking for the perfect pumpkin.



The perfect pumpkin has been spotted!!!
SUCCESS!!!!!!
Kai just loved being able to climb over all of the pumpkins. He was being a boy and not being preoccupied with his letters so we let him climb and play all he wanted!



Wouldn't you know, he picked one of the only pumpkins small enough for him to pick up.




7 comments:

Jodi June said...

AW!!! so fun!!!
We were 'waiting' for our porch to be finished up so that we could decorate it up all SO CUTE for Halloween and the fall... :(
sadness that it is not finished and not even being worked on. Stupid Mapleton City! grrr!
I guess we should at least go and get some pumpkins!!! grumble grumble porch grumble...

Jana Brookes said...

We did that for FHE last night too! James had taken our camera to work though, so we didn't get any photos. Darn. Our girls did have fun picking out pumpkins and having ice cream though. I am getting up there in years too, and I also love it, and love watching my kids getting excited about it all!

Shauna said...

You should take a picture of your porch all decked out! I bet it looks so cute when your done.
So sad Jo about your porch! Next year for sure and it will be the cutest porch in all of Mapleton.

Could these kids be any cuter???? Kai just has "the dimples" doesn't he? I lovelovelove this time of year. Where is that pumpkin growth chart in Utah? I'll have to go get the boys picture taken there. Do you think Bruno might let me take his photo next to that thing? Hmmmmm....

Carrie said...

Hey Shauna,
the pumpkin patch that has the growth chart....there is one on State street all the way up to almost Lehi (on the right hand side) it is a nursery and they have pumpins in their parking lot) I can't remember the name. (Jen, do you remember the name of it?)
and then there is also one at the big old Thanksgiving point p. patch.....named Cornbelly's. I LOVE YOU!!!!

Jenkins' Family said...

I love the pumpkin patch, looks like you guys had a blast. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all of your fun decorations too. You all look so good.

Robyn said...

Looks like so much fun! We just went to the patch on Monday and I loved it. It was just a little family one, didn't' have all the fun stuff but they had huge pumpkins for good prices. We always liked going to Pumpkinland in Vineyard to get pumpkins and see all their fun stuff. I wonder which one you're talking about on State Street almost to Lehi?? Is that the nursery in Lindon near Los Hermanos? Hmm

Carrie said...

Hey Robyn, It isn't that nursery. I know the one your talking about. This one is before Los Hermanos on the right (east) side of state street. The one you are thinking of (i think) is on the left side just after Los, right? Anyways, now it is really bugging me that I can't think of the name. They don't really have a "patch" It is more like a little hay stack maze in the parking lot and stuff. Pretty fun though.