Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April Fool's

On the morning of April 1st, Maya surprised me with breakfast in bed. She brought up a plate full of beautiful strawberries and a tall glass of lemonade. After huggin' and kissin' on her for being so sweet, I take a huge gulp of lemonade and Maya yells, "APRIL FOOL'S!!!"

....and then I almost died.

She had filled my glass with 100% lemon juice from the fridge!!!!! I gag and quickly grabbed a Strawberry to wash out the nasty lemon taste in my mouth,

and then, "APRIL FOOL'S!!!!"

.....and then I almost died....again.

She had sprinkled a TON of salt all over the strawberries.
That was a very proud moment for this momma. She had totally pulled off a seamless April fool's prank, all on her own. Such a funny and clever girl.

Little did she know, I had some tricks up my own sleeve.


I am a pretty mean mom and never put sugary snacks in Maya's lunch. So, for lunch I had purchased a little snack size chips ahoy bag and taken all the cookies out of the bag and replace them with carrots. *hehehe*

After school Kai, Jonah and I played this little prank:


For dinner I made a "chocolate pie with pink frosting". The kids were beside themselves when I told them we were going to do things in reverse because it was April Fool's and have dessert for dinner. It was actually meatloaf with pink colored mashed potatoes.
*hehehe*
Such a mean and sneaky mom, I know.




Let's just say, Maya wasn't too happy about the dinner trick.... Poor girl. She was so excited to have dessert for dinner. Ü

I wonder if she will try and pull anything on me next year?

4 comments:

Deisha said...

Oh, that's fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious Carrie! i especially loved your video. I miss your laugh! You are so funny.

Britney said...

So funny!!!! My favorite part is your laugh! (And the picture of Maya at the end!) ha ha ha ha ha

Julie said...

The best part was listening to you laugh on the video! So cute!