Friday, January 16, 2009

My kind of New Year's Resolution

My good friend, Shauna emailed me this list and I thought it was so great.
It reminded me of when Anthony and I were dating. We used to do this kind of stuff all of the time. It was one of the things that made me really fall in love with him. One time, after a date, he just stopped in the middle of a busy intersection when it was our turn to go and we just sat there through like two lights as people were driving around us and honking. I freaked out at first and then, after a while we were both just laughing so hard. It was GREAT!
I also used to drive around in my old VW car with a big gulp glued to the top just to get people's reactions. It was the greatest form of entertainment. My friends and I would laugh so hard that I thought I was going to die. Crazy, I know but this kind of stuff is right up my alley.
I think this will be part of my new years resolutions. To take the time to ENJOY life a bit more and to laugh more often.
To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity:

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars, see If They Slow Down.

2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice!

3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, ask If They Want Fries with that.

4. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

5. In the Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write ' For Marijuana'

6. Skip down the hall Rather Than Walk and see how many looks you get.

7. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

8. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go'.

9. Sing Along At The Opera.

10. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You have a headache.

11. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream 'I Won! I Won!'

12. When Leaving the Zoo, Start Running towards the Parking lot, Yelling 'Run For Your Lives! They're Loose!'

13. Tell Your Children Over Dinner, 'Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go.'


I have actually done #7 before...pretty funny. And, Maya and I do #6 all the time except for I am never really paying attention to who is looking. Plus, it might be a bit different doing it all alone without a 5 year old.

3 comments:

K said...

I love this list! I might have to put a copy on my blog. :)

Shauna said...

You are so funny Carrie! I can see you skipping around and loving it. I love to skip. When I was little, skipping was my main form of transportation, what happened to me? I've been thinking about trying the hairdryer in the car, I was thinking, it's probably the fastest way to the "special" hospital though.

Chelsy said...

haha, I've seen some similar ones to this. I like the ATM one (especially to pull off at BYU by the student building where EVERYONE hangs out on a warm day. That would be funny!) Thanks for sharing!