Thursday, March 18, 2010


Those little green rascals snuck into our home again this year leaving a trail of green ribbon that led the kids on a hunt in and around the house, looking for their treasure.


We rarely have sugary cereals in our home so the kids were SUPER excited to see that the Leprechauns had left them a box of this deliciousness...


The little buggers snuck into our fridge and dyed our milk green!!!


They even snuck into Maya's lunch box...
Maya and Kai's teachers received these...

We ended the day with a lovely picnic dinner of corned beef with lots of green veggies. It was such a beautiful, sunny day so we started our picnic outside, then quickly realized it was a bit too chilly and so we came inside, made a fire and had a picnic indoors.




I know that St. Patrick's Day is not the most popular holiday's of the year, but I think that is what I like about it the most. There was no stress, no gifts, no parties, no time crunching....just good ol' fashion GREEN fun with my family. Any chance I have to make everyday life a little more exciting and fun for my kids is so thrilling to me.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Love it! I love the little footprints on the milk! I love the teacher gifts -- good idea! Looks like a great day. I love a little good old-fashioned green fun (and a lot of corned beef!) :)

Amy F. said...

So cute! You are so festive! The kids are lucky, and their teachers are too! We have Irish Stew (beef stew) on St. Patrick's Day. Jesse and my kids didn't like corned beef and cabbage when we tried it. Picky!