Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chef Party

Maya is totally into helping me cook and bake lately. So it was only fitting that she asked for a Chef Party for her birthday. In years past she has usually wanted a princess theme so it was nice to be able to invite some of her boy friends for a change.
My incredibly talented mom sewed these aprons for the girls. The boys had a simple apron that went around their waist. They were made from some tea towels that I had found at Target that already had the cupcake on them....SCORE!!!!
I created the name circles in photoshop and ironed them on.

Maya was so excited to wear the apron that her cousin Kate (who is only 8 years old, mind you) made for her in her sewing class. SO CUTE!!!
I ordered her hat online but they only came in white, so of course, I HAD to dye it pink...

Some of the "hired" help. I found these aprons at Target and bought them for Mom, Cheryl, Saralyn and myself as a thank you for all their work. The picture was taken before Saralyn got there.


Each kid got their own chef's hat to decorate and wear...




They then got their own pizza dough ball to roll out and put on the toppings of their choice...I don't think Addie's pizza ever made it to the oven. She loaded it with cheese and mini pepperoni and then ate all the toppings off.

While the pizza's were baking we went outside for some pinata fun...




And then the kids came in and watched Maya open her presents. This girl got SPOILED!!!...

The creator of webkinz made a killing off of Maya's birthday. She LOVES webkinz!...

After presents everyone got to frost and decorate their own mini cake...

Finally, because eggs are such an important part of baking and cooking, we went out back for a super fun egg hunt...

We had such a fun day. Maya felt like a princess and had so much fun with all of her dear friends.

6 comments:

Britney said...

Oh mercy! What a party!!!!!!

(Her 8 yr. old friend made that apron?!?! WOW! So cute!)

I love this party. I LOVE those handtowel aprons. Darn you and your mad photoshop skills! Love the aprons for the adults. This looks like one of the best parties ever. You are amazing.

Cristy said...

Carrie, you throw the best parties. I love the picture of you, Cheryl, and your mom. You all looked SO cute in your aprons! I hope Maya had a fabulous time!

mycattripoli said...

going to have to copy this- seriously- copy cat- thanks for the awesome idea- you rock

Carrie said...

Marianne, if you really do want to copy...I have about 20 more chef hats if you would like me to send you some. I had to buy them in bulk and obviously didn't need them all. Just send me your address to acpabst@comcast.net
xoxox

Amy F. said...

Those aprons are adorable. Annie missed out this year!! Can you believe they're 7???

Shauna said...

You make everything look so fun. I want your energy! You could be a party planner and make a killing! Love you Maya, Happy Birthday. I looove you too Carrie Cherry.