Monday, August 17, 2009

Enchanted Forest

Another event in our Summer Fun in '09 Series. This week required a bit of traveling. Cristy and I headed about 40 miles south to Turner Oregon to a lovely little place called the Enchanted Forest.
I had been there before with Maya and Kai a couple years ago during one of our trips to visit Nana and Papa in Oregon and totally loved it.
So when Cristy, Sara and I were talking about doing a bunch of fun things together with our kids this summer, I just knew this place had to be on our list.
It did not disappoint. We only wished Saralyn, Emma and Thane could have come with us.
The kids had a blast!



The kids took a ride on a candy train...

and had a blast on the bumper boats...

Maya with the seven dwarfs...

Maya and Rachel trying to take it all in...

Finishing the maze in Alice's Wonderland...




Maya and Rachel in front of Mary and her little lambs...




Maya, Kai, Jonah and Rachel in front of a cottage.
{Sorry for the indiscretion, Kai REALLY had to pee}...

There is a little old western town the kids got to walk around in and one of the spots allowed the kids to get dressed up in old west clothing and take a picture with Abe Lincoln. Everyone got in the picture but Maya. She didn't want to for some reason.

So here is the picture with the kids with old Abe from 2 years ago.

I thought it would be cool to put the two together to see how much Kai has grown. {so sad. *sniffle, sniffle*}

Luck would have it that he put on the exact same outfit. I guess Maya didn't want to get in this picture either. Weird.
I also believe that is the same Abe Lincoln guy is in both shots. I guess he found his calling in life and he is sticking with it. I wonder if he needed a college degree for this gig?




Addie and I going down the slide at the Old Ladies Shoe. I guess I should have taken the fruit leather out of her mouth before sliding down. WOopsie..

It was such a fun day.

We will definatley be back there again. Anyone want to come visit? We can go again right now.....

7 comments:

Nan Campbell said...

I was a litttle worried. It looked like, at first glance, that Addie had tape on her mouth! We all know she can be loud! Kai should have been holding the same gun and then we could really tell how much he has grown! Looks like everyone had a blast. I should have gone!

Cristy said...

Your mom's comment made me laugh so hard! I didn't know Addie's loudness had reached those levels. Kai is such a cutie in both of his dress up pictures. He has grown so much! I am so glad you thought of this outing because we really had a great time.

Britney said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! I would LOVE to come visit and go there with you. (See? you should be careful what you offer!) :)

I LOVE the little cottage. But, how cute is that candy train?!?! What a dreamy little place!

Carrie said...

Britney, You are welcome any time. Just tell me when.

Amy F. said...

You and Cristy are making some fun memories for your kids. What an awesome summer they're having!!

Jen and Kent said...

What fun!!! We always forget to go when we are in town. Next time...

Unknown said...

I think that place needs to be on our list when I come out in October, you think? Weather permitting of course. That looks so cool!