Wednesday, October 7, 2009

our little Cheerleader

Maya has always been a very (how do i put it) loud and bubbly little girl {hmmm, I wonder where she gets that from}


So, when I got a flyer in her backpack announcing a mini cheer camp that the highschool cheerleaders were putting on, I thought this would be perfect for her.

She went to an all day camp last saturday and then on Friday night she was able to go to the highschool football game and do some cheers during half time.

She got really nervous a couple of hours before it was time to go to the game and so we were worried that she wouldn't do it. Then Anthony took her on a little daddy-daughter walk and gave her a little pep talk. When they got back she said that she was going to do it.
We were so prould of her. The bleachers were packed and there were people EVERYWHERE! (I admit...I was even a little terrified)

But she went right out there and performed and cheered her little head off.

Did I mention, WE ARE SO PROUD OF HER!!!


getting her bows put in...

waiting.....
still waiting....

warming up...
It is kind of hard to tell, but Maya is just to the left of the middle highschool cheerleader(the cheerleader's right side)...





5 comments:

auntieC said...

Gimme a "M A Y A D I D G R E A T !!!"

i love you

auntie cheryl

Nan Campbell said...

GOOOOOO MAYA!!!! I don't know, but you look like a future BYU cheerleader to me!

Jen and Kent said...

So dang cute! Kate and Claire get to do that next weekend.

btw...when Claire was looking at this with me she said "who is that little girl with Maya?" when I told her that it was Addie she said "WOW, she growed up!" So, please tell Addie to stop growing so my kids will recognize her next time they see her.

Carrie said...

I tell Addie to stop growing almost every day....she won't listen. {sorry}

Robyn said...

Cute! Go Maya! Good for you. I want to know what Anthony said in that talk cause we've had some of those and they don't always go that way!!