Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break

For Spring Break this year, Anthony and I decided to go easy on ourselves (and the budget) and find fun things to do around our home.
The funnest by far had to have been our trip to Champoeg National Park that just happens to be about 30 minutes from our driveway. WHO KNEW! It was so much fun. Maya and Kai were so excited to be going camping and then when we got there and saw that we were staying in a "cabin" (a room with a bunk bed, table and a couple of chairs) they were just beside themselves. There are very few things in this life that bring me greater joy than to see my kids that happy and excited.
We had SUCH a great time.

Maya is totally into climbing trees and doing adventurous things lately. Sometimes I wonder what happened to my shy, little, "play it safe", princess.



Kai, on the other hand, still plays it safe hanging out on the first branch. And even then, Anthony had to stand right by him so I could click the picture. (see how nervous he looks).

THAT'S MY BOY!!!

We went on a couple of beautiful hikes along the river.



Maya wanted to climb just about every tree we passed....and there were A LOT of trees!!!




Kai collected quite a few sticks.
During our hike Maya decided that she wanted to "hike" down this hill (a cliff, really). It was SO much steeper than this video portrays. My first reaction was NO WAY! But, Anthony, on the other hand was like SURE.
I made him go down with her and about halfway down he had to carry her because she was freaking out a bit.




Hanging out around the campfire and roasting yummy marshmallows. MMMMM!






6 comments:

auntieC said...

mawahahahahahahaha that was so funny! I loved hearing Maya saying "no I don't want to now" then Addie saying "Daa Daa" & Kai "hey you way up dare,no down ssspppfff" :P

Priceless!!

Jen and Kent said...

What a blast!! You got some great pictues. Dang, my nieces and nephew are too cute! I love the one of Maya chillin by the campfire crossing her legs...she looks way to grown up!

Deisha said...

Loved the video. How did they ever get back up? Where is that video? Looks like you guys had a blast.

Sarah Strain said...

Looks like you guys had a great time -

Shauna said...

I miss you guys so much Carrie!!!

Your gift to me is so precious Carrie. Thanks for the priceless photo's and memories you've given me.I've been trying to download a "blog special" to say thank you from the tip of my toes but I haven't figured it out yet. I mean, I haven't figured out how to download the pictures from the camera yet. Stay tuned, I'm sure it won't take me much longer.
I was in tears for at least 24 hours with such gratitude for a true friendship with you. You amazed and surprised me.
I lovelovelove ya Carrie.

Britney said...

That sounds absolutely...delightful. I love to get away from everything and have just some simple good times.
I love the marshmallow pictures!