Monday, May 10, 2010

Passion for the Weather

Okay, so it will come as no surprise to those of you who know us well that we have a bit of a celebrity crush here in the Pabst household.
On any given weekday night at about 4:15 pm you will hear at least one of our three children yelling, "It's STEPHANIE!!!"
Our dear friend, and local celebrity, Stephanie Kralevich, is KPTV Fox12's Meteorologist. We all LOVE her so much.
Ever since the first day Maya met Stephanie, she has developed a passion for the weather.

Yes, Stephanie is an amazing meterologist, but it also doesn't hurt that she is also Uncle Topher's girlfriend. Our whole family (especially our little Munchies Ü) is madely inlove with her.

Since Maya has developed this passion for the weather, she has been lucky enough to be featured on the news during Stephanie's weather segement once or twice or.....okay so it has been 3 times. Each time has been just as exciting as the first. Our whole family gets so excited to see it. There is something so exhillerating about seeing your face on t.v.


So, it came as no suprise to me the other day, after a huge hail storm here in Tualatin, as we were looking out the window and Kai asked if we could go outside and take some pictures to send to Stephanie. My heart melted.

As I was taking the pictures, it hit me, that although his desire for the photo shoot was slightly narcissistic, it was still ignited by a passion for learning about the weather.

So then I thought, why don't more people do this?......take pictures of their kids being a part of the weather and send it into their local news stations? I admit, I never would have thought about it until Stephanie first put Maya's class picture on the news cast.

It has been such a fun thing for our family.

SOOOOOOO, for those of you with (or without) kids who live in the greater
Portland area should REALLY consider teaching your kids about the weather, go on a walk during a beautiful day, play in the rain.....whatever. Just make sure you take a picture and send it in ----> PHOTOS@KPTV.com. Those of you who live elsewhere, look up your local news stations and find out where to send their viewer photos. I promise you, it is SOOOOO fun and totally worth it.

And so, without further adieu, here is Kai and his Fox12 weather debut:

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Way to go KAI! I just love you! We do the same thing, turn on channel 12, see Steph, yell, "Hi Steph!". Your family is so awesome and I am so lucky to be a part of it! And I know Steph loves those adorable kids! Who doesn't?!?! xoxo aimee

Stephanie Kralevich said...

Thank you so much for posting that clip, Carrie. I love you guys so much! xoxo

Amy F. said...

I love how Kai acts like it's no big deal and normal that he was on TV. :) How fun that they were on the news!

Stacy of KSW said...

Wow! How much fun would that be, my kids would ham it up for the news. (Not for mom's camera, but for a chance on TV maybe). I was just stopping by to say Thanks for listing my site :) but I am so glad I did. You guys are too cute and I can't wait to read more about y'all. How gorgeous is your friend Steph too

Britney said...

Love it! That Kai is so delicious!